11 Human Foods Dogs Can Eat
If you’ve got a dog at home who begs for treats, you may be wondering to yourself ‘what human food can dogs eat?’
We’ve got you covered with the guide below. The following are good human snacks that have been recommended by veterinarians and and are good for a dog’s coat and overall health:
1. Apples: high in fiber and antioxidants and helps clean your dog’s teeth.
2. Peanut butter: good source of protein, vitamin E, vitamin B and heart healthy fats.
3. Yogurt: make sure it’s unflavored with no sugar added.
4. Oatmeal: Good source of fiber, make sure to cook it before you serve it.
5. Chicken: makes a good meal replacement if you run out of dog food.
6. Salmon: keeps your dog’s coat shiny and supports his immune system.
7. Broccoli: high in vitamins and good for your dog’s coat.
8. Pumpkin: good source of fiber and vitamin A, helps keep the GI tract moving and can aid with digestive issues.
9. Green beans & carrots: a good choice to load your dog up with dogs up with iron and vitamins and is good for his teeth.
10. Cottage cheese: high in calcium and protein and can be used in addition to dog food.
11. Eggs: good source of protein, easily digestible riboflavin and selenium.
Want to know which snacks to steer clear from? The foods below can all upset your dog’s stomach, make them sick, cause irregular heartbeat, or vomiting.
Avoid giving your dog the following
2. Grapes & raisins
5. Beer & other alcohols